There are some wonderful inspirational books out there and way too many to read them all, but these five are definitely some of my all time favourites and a great start or addition to any self-help library:
- The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time by Cheryl Richardson is divided into twelve easy to follow monthly exercises. OK, so I haven’t followed them all, but some of them have definitely given my life a boost and put me in a more positive frame of mind.
- You Can Heal Your Life: 20th Anniversary Edition by Louise Hay. If you have not read any of Louise’s books then you must get one NOW! This lady is such an inspiration and when you read about where she started, to becoming the creator of Hay House publishing, you will understand why. Another easy read this one and great for days when you are not feeling at your best. It always lifts me up when I need it.
- This next book is not for the faint hearted! It’s a more difficult read with quite a bit of biology & science stuff packed in, but extremely interesting. The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles by Bruce Lipton links the power of thoughts to our physical being. It took me the best part of a month of evening reading to get through this one (biology was NOT my strong suit at school) but I was astounded by the revelations revealed within its pages.
- Along the same lines as Bruce Lipton’s book is Lynne McTaggart‘s The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe. Science and quantum physics that will blow your mind so maybe not a book to read if you are a little tired (unless you are having trouble actually getting to sleep of course). My science background helped a lot with this one, but it does go some way to try to explain how we are all connected. I’m reading this one again just to try and understand the bits I missed the first time around. And finally for now…
- Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life: How to Use Feng Shui to Get Love, Money, Respect, and Happiness by Karen Rauch Carter. I’m pretty new to Feng Shui but this practical book is the most fun way of reorganising your house or room to make the most of the positive flow of energy. In my opinion it’s worth a shot and who knows, it may just work. I’ll keep you informed as I move my stuff around!
So there you go – five books with some very different styles and messages, but all of which can help on a journey to self awareness and happiness.